Arsenal have injury problems and Chelsea will be at full-strength.£20 pays £36.60 on the Chelsea win at Ladbrokes
Head to head
Arsenal take on London rivals Chelsea in the FA Cup Final this Saturday. Read the match predictions to find out why Chelsea are the betting tip to win at Wembley. The Gunners finished the season strongly but couldn’t secure Champions League football. Meanwhile Chelsea come into the game fresh from celebrating the Premier League title and will be looking to make it a trophy double for the season.
Arsenal v Chelsea Preview
Arsenal are short at the back which certainly hinders their chances in this match. Laurent Koscielny is suspended and Shkodran Mustafi is a huge doubt with a suspected concussion. Per Mertesacker will be ready to step in for his fellow countryman, should he not recover in time. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs face late fitness tests and Arsene Wenger must choose between Danny Welbeck and Olivier Giroud to lead the line, with the latter tipped to start after sitting out the win over Everton.
Chelsea have just one injury concern, with Ruben Loftus-Cheek ruled out with a back problem. This gives Antonio Conte the luxury of picking from an otherwise fully-fit squad. It’s doubtful that the Italian tactician will deviate from the side that has delivered the title but there is one possible alteration in midfield. Former Arsenal man Cesc Fabregas will be pushing to start ahead of Nemanja Matic. Diego Costa will spearhead the attack and we’ve seen in recent weeks that Michy Batshuayi is more than capable of making an impact off the bench. £20 pays £36.60 on the Chelsea win at Ladbrokes
Team Predictions Arsenal v Chelsea
Arsenal 3-4-2-1 formation: Cech; Monreal, Mustafi, Holding; Gibbs, Xhaka, Ramsey, Chamberlain; Sanchez, Ozil; Giroud
Chelsea 3-4-3 formation: Courtois; Cahill, Luiz, Azpilicueta; Alonso, Kante, Matic, Moses; Hazard, Costa, Pedro
Arsenal v Chelsea Betting Tips
- Arsenal have won 7 drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Chelsea have won 9 drawn 0 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chelsea have scored an average of 2.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Chelsea’s previous 10 matches Back Under 2.5 Goals at Unibet
Arsenal v Chelsea Prediction
Arsenal have won two of the past three FA Cup Finals and are tied with current holders Manchester United for most wins, having lifted the trophy twelve times in their history. The Gunners have real problems at the back and could be missing two key players. As good as they have been in the past few weeks, it’s been a far from convincing season from Arsene Wenger’s men and they’ll need to be at their best to worry the Premier League champions here.
Chelsea should probably thank Arsenal for inflicting a 3-0 defeat on them earlier in the season. It was on the back of that result that Antonio Conte switched to a 3-man defence and the Blues went on to dominate the title race. Chelsea have subsequently beaten Arsenal 3-1 with the new tactics in place and have only lost once since January.
Chelsea have scored at least twice in nine of their last eleven FA Cup matches. They’ll fancy their chances of doing the same here but are susceptible to letting the odd goal in. Arsenal will look to make life tough for them but I can see Chelsea taking this in 90 minutes to win the double.
Free Betting Tips
CHELSEA at 5/6 with Ladbrokes
OVER 2.5 GOALS at 4/5 with Unibet
Correct Score Prediction
CHELSEA 2-1 at 15/2 with BetVictor
Previous Tips for Arsenal v Chelsea Prediction, Betting Tips and Preview
Arsenal vs Chelsea Prediction and Preview – 24/01/16 - 17:37 read →
Premier League preview – Arsenal vs Chelsea prediction.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger received a double boost with news that Mesut Ozil and Alexis Sanchez will be fit to face London rivals Chelsea on Sunday. Ozil has been the Gunners’ player of the season so far and returns after missing the 0-0 draw at Stoke on Sunday while Sanchez has been out of action since November. Jack Wilshere, Tomas Rosicky, Danny Welbeck, Santi Cazorla and Francis Coquelin remain sidelined.
Eden Hazard is in the frame for Chelsea after he resumed training this week. The Belgian winger has had a troubled season and is still looking to score his first goal of the campaign. Guus Hiddink has no new injury concerns but must be considering changes to the defence after his side shipped five goals in the last two games. Chelsea conceded immediately after Nemanja Matic was substituted for a more attacking option against Everton on Saturday while Gary Cahill would add more pace to the back four.
Arsenal: 4-2-3-1 formation: Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Ramsey, Flamini; Sanchez, Ozil, Walcott; Giroud
Chelsea: 4-2-3-1 formation: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta; Matic, Mikel; Willian, Fabregas, Oscar; Costa
- Arsenal have won 7 drawn 2 and lost 1of their last 10 matches
- Chelsea have won 4 drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chelsea have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Chelsea’s previous 10 matches
Arsenal have not lost at home in the league since the opening day of the season and have defeated title rivals Manchester City and Manchester United at the Emirates. The Gunners come into this match on back of two draws while on the road last week, at Liverpool (3-3) and Stoke (0-0). Victory against Chelsea will ensure Wenger’s side finish the weekend at the top of the league unless Leicester win by an unlikely margin.
Chelsea are unbeaten in their last seven games in all competitions but have failed to improve their league position, where they sit four points from a relegation spot in 14th place. The Blues have drawn four of the last five league games and wasted the opportunity to move up the table when dropping home points against West Brom (2-2) and Everton (3-3) last week.
The return of their top performer bodes well for Arsenal who can inflict Chelsea’s first defeat since mid-December.
Arsenal to win at 17/16 with Marathonbet
Over 2.5 goals at 39/40 with BetVictor
Arsenal to win 2-1 at 9/1 with BetVictor
What are your predictions?
Arsenal vs Chelsea Prediction and Football Cup Tips - 01/08/15 08:48 read →
FA Community Shield football tips – Arsenal vs Chelsea prediction
Arsenal are definitely without goalkeeper David Ospina and forward Alexis Sanchez, who have been granted extra time off, following summer tournaments. Therefore, new signing Petr Cech, is certain start the match against his former club and there could also be a starting place for Theo Walcott in attack.
Chelsea have had Gary Cahill and Diego Costa passed fit ahead of this match, however, Jose Mourinho may choose to leave them on the bench as a precaution. This could mean starts for Kurt Zouma in defence and Loic Remy in attack. Radamel Falcao is also pushing for a starting place, if Costa does not make it.
Arsenal: 4-2-3-1 formation: Cech; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Walcott; Giroud
Chelsea: 4-3-1-2 formation: Courtois; Ivanovic, Zouma, Terry, Azpilicueta; Fabregas, Matic, Willian, Oscar, Hazard; Remy
- Arsenal have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Chelsea have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 2.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chelsea have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Chelsea’s previous 10 matches
- Arsenal have failed to defeat Chelsea in their previous 8 attempts
Arsene Wenger has enjoyed a very good pre-season and will be aiming to make an early statement against the current Premier League title holders. With the addition of Petr Cech in goal, Arsenal now have proven quality between the sticks and this will help defensively, however, they have failed to strengthen elsewhere in the team. Wenger expects his players to mount a serious title challenge this season and this match is an opportunity to signal that intent.
Chelsea may not have enjoyed as prosperous a pre-season as their opponents but can still come in to this game satisfied with their efforts. Jose Mourinho has been quiet in the transfer market, with the loan signing of striker Radamel Falcao, their only purchase to date. Therefore, the Chelsea starting XI has not been improved in any way.
Mourinho has enjoued a dominance over Wenger in recent years and will expect that to continue in the Community Shield. However, Arsenal have good momentum behind them coming in to this game and will be more than a match for Chelsea.
To gain access to our Premium Football Tips, click HERE
Arsenal vs Chelsea Prediction and Football Tips - 23/04/15 17:48 read →
Premier League football tips – Arsenal vs Chelsea prediction
Arsenal go into the game in the best form the club has had this season, eight Premier League wins in a row mean that Arsene Wenger’s side are a force to be reckoned with.
Chelsea defeated in form side Manchester United last weekend thanks to an Eden Hazard winner, which means that the home side have now won four games in a row. Jose Mourinho knows how to win games against Arsene Wenger, so this is a huge game of football.
Arsenal (4-2-3-1) Ospina; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez; Giroud
Chelsea (4-2-3-1) Courtois; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta; Zouma, Matic; Oscar, Fabregas, Hazard; Remy
- Arsenal have won eight, drawn one and lost one of their last 10 games
- Chelsea have won six, drawn four and lost none of their last 10 games
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chelsea have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in six of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in two of Chelsea’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met, Chelsea comfortably won 2-0 thanks to goals from star performers Eden Hazard and Diego Costa.
Cesc Fabregas will be welcomed back to an unfortunate chorus of boos as he makes his return to the Emirates Stadium with Chelsea, a side he claimed that he would never join.
Both sides go into the game with a lot of confidence, Arsenal will set out to end their poor form against Chelsea, having not scored in three against the champions-elect.
This could be a shock victory for Arsenal and that’s what I’m going to gamble on.
What are your Premier League predictions and football tips?