Accrington Stanley vs Wimbledon Prediction and Preview – 18/05/16
League Two playoff preview – Accrington Stanley vs Wimbledon prediction.
Accrington leading scorer Billy Kee was left streaming blood after a clash of heads which led to his substitution in the first leg. He was one of a number of players nursing knocks after a bruising encounter with Wimbledon but manager John Coleman is hoping to have everyone fit for Wednesday. Reading loanee Fosu and Brad Halliday are in contention for places in midfield.
Wimbledon heavyweight Adebayo Akinfenwa was used as a substitute in the first meeting and could again be kept as an impact sub by manager Neal Ardley. Tom Beere came off the bench to score the late winner and will be hoping to make the starting eleven. Sean Rigg and Paul Robinson have been given the all clear after receiving treatment for knocks sustained in the first leg. George Francomb underwent surgery at the weekend and will miss the trip north while Callum Kennedy and Connor Smith are doubtful.
Accrington Stanley 4-4-1-1 formation: Etheridge; Pearson, Davies, Buxton, Hughes; Mingoia, Conneely, Brown, McConville, Windass; Kee
Wimbledon 4-4-2 formation: Roos; Fuller, Charles, Robinson, Kennedy; Rigg, Reeves, Bulman, Barcham; Elliott, Taylor
- Accrington Stanley have won 6 drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Wimbledon have won 7 drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Accrington Stanley have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Wimbledon have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Accrington Stanley’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 2 of Wimbledon’s previous 10 matches