Adelaide United vs Liverpool Prediction and Football Tips
Friendly match football tips – Adelaide United vs Liverpool prediction
Adelaide United are the current FFA Cup holders and made the semi-finals of the play-offs at the end of last season. They boast possibly the best goalkeeper in the A League, Eugene Galekovic and club player of the year Sergio Cirio is likely to start in attack. Expect to see the creative Marcelo Carrusca pulling the strings for Adelaide in midfield.
Having recently played Brisbane Roar, Brendan Rodgers may decide to make a number of changes for this one. The likes of Adam Bogdan and Joe Allen will be hoping to get a start, along with Dejan Lovren and Rickie Lambert, who are aiming to impress after a difficult first season at Anfield.
Adelaide United: 4-4-2 formation: Galekovic; Boogard, Malik, McGowan, Goodwin; Carrusca, Elrich, Mabil, Isaias; Jeggo, Cirio
Liverpool: 4-4-2 formation: Bogdan; Wisdom, Toure, Lovren, Maguire; Lucas, Allen, Rossiter, Markovic; Ings, Lambert
- Adelaide United have won 5, drawn 1 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Liverpool have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Adelaide United have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Liverpool have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.5 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Adelaide United’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Liverpool’s previous 10 matches
- Liverpool won their first match of their Australian tour, defeating Brisbane Roar 2-1
It’s fair to say, that anything other than a Liverpool win will be considered a big upset in this match, even though it’s a friendly. Brendan Rodgers will want to take a look at as many players possible during the tour and this match will be an opportunity to play some of those who didn’t feature against Brisbane.
For Adelaide, they begin the defence of their FFA Cup title on 5th August against Darwin and this match will act as great preparation for that game. Adelaide performed very well against Villarreal in a friendly at the end of May and were unlucky to lose the match 3-2. That game will give them confidence they can do something against Liverpool in-front of a strong crowd.
However, Liverpool should have enough to get the victory and make it three out of three on their pre-season tour.
What are your predictions and football tips?