Arsenal vs Swansea Prediction and Football Tips
Premier League football tips – Arsenal vs Swansea prediction
Arsene Wenger has both Mikel Arteta and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back in training and they could make the bench for this game. Striker Danny Welbeck is definitely out with injury and it will be touch and go right up until kick-off on the fitness of Mathieu Debuchy and Aaron Ramsey.
Swansea are still missing a number of players through injury. Wayne Routledge, Kyle Naughton, Tom Carroll and Jordi Amat are all definitely out and it’s unlikely that striker Bafetimbi Gomis will make it. That will mean a starting place in attack for Marvin Emnes, with Nelson Oliveira a doubt.
Arsenal: 4-2-3-1 formation: Ospina; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla, Wilshere, Ozil, Sanchez; Giroud
Swansea: 4-3-3 formation: Fabianski; Rangel, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor; Cork, Shelvey, Yeung, Sigurdsson, Montero; Emnes
- Arsenal have won 8 and drawn 2 of their last 10 matches
- Swansea have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Swansea have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Swansea’s previous 10 matches
- The reverse fixture finished 2-1 to Swansea at the Liberty Stadium
Arsenal are finishing the season in great form. With 13 wins form their last 14 competitive domestic games, Arsene Wenger is determined to finish the season in second place and with some silverware. Premier League home form in particular has been good. Since the 2-1 defeat to Manchester United in November, Arsenal are unbeaten at the Emirates, winning 9 and drawing 1.
Swansea have recorded their best ever points return in the Premier League but Garry Monk won’t want the season to end with a whimper. Two wins on the bounce means Swansea sit comfortably in the top half of the table but injuries has limited their selection for this game. If neither Nelson Oliveira or Bafetimbi Gomis make the game, Swansea will be without a genuine striker.
Although Swansea will be no pushovers, it’s hard to imagine them coming away from the Emirates with anything.
What are your Premier League predictions and football tips?