Aston Villa vs Liverpool Prediction and Football Tips
FA Cup football tips – Aston Villa vs Liverpool prediction.
Aston Villa are a side reenergised since Tim Sherwood took over and despite not playing fantastically, managed to pick up a massive away win at Spurs, to the delight of the English Manager.
Liverpool on the other hand easily beat Newcastle 2-0 in a dominant performance against a poor side. Brendan Rodgers’ team recently secured their FA Cup fate in a quarter-final replay at home against Blackburn, with Phillipe Coutinho being the difference.
Aston Villa (4-3-1-2)– Given; Bacuna, Vlaar, Baker, Lowton; Cleverley, Delph, Richardson; Grealish; Benteke, Weimann
Liverpool (4-3-3)– Mignolet; Johnson, Can, Skrtel, Moreno; Henderson, Lucas, Allen; Markovic, Sterling, Coutinho
- Aston Villa have won five, drawn once and lost four of their last 10 matches
- Liverpool have won six, drawn once and lost three of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Aston Villa have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Liverpool have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in six of Aston Villa’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in three of Liverpool’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met, Liverpool picked up a valuable three points at Villa Park, with unlikely scorers being Fabio Borini and Rickie Lambert
This is a massive occasion for both sides and neither will be able to let it get the better of them, which is what Tim Sherwood and Brendan Rodgers respectively will be enforcing into the heads of their sides.
Liverpool will be favourites for this game, but Aston Villa have played really well as of late and within only 90 minutes could have a genuine shot at silverware this season. A luxury they couldn’t have expected at the start of the season.
It’s difficult to see past an Arsenal-Liverpool final, although a couple of shocks at this stage isn’t past the realm of thought.
What are your FA Cup predictions and football tips?