Aston Villa vs Manchester City Prediction and Preview – 8/11/15
Premier League preview – Manchester City vs Aston Villa prediction
Remi Garde has almost a full squad available for his first game in charge of Villa with Ashley Westwood and Gabriel Agbonlahor the only doubts for Sunday.
Sergio Aguero and Pablo Zabaleta remain injured for City. David Silva and Samir Nasri could return to the squad though.
Aston Villa: 4-2-3-1 formation: Guzan; Hutton, Clarke, Lescott, Amavi; Gueye, Sanchez; Ayew, Grealish, Gil; Gestede
Manchester City: 4-2-3-1 formation: Hart; Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, Kolarov; Fernandinho, Fernando; De Bruyne, Toure, Sterling; Bony
- Villa have won 1, drawn 1 and lost 8 of their last 10 matches
- City have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Villa have scored an average of 1 goals and conceded an average of 1.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, City have scored an average of 3 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Villa’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of City’s previous 10 matches
City have won 7 and drawn 1 of their last 8 games, so Garde will come up against one of the toughest tasks that the Premier League has to offer in his first game at Villa Park.
However the lack of expectation on the Villans coupled with a fresh enthusiasm of a new, young manager could inspire a shock result. Certainly stranger things have happened in the world of Football so, despite what logic should tell us, this will not necessarily be a walkover.
The performance of former Blues pairing Micah Richards and Joleon Lescott will be crucial. The table toppers boast a fleet of attacking class that cost hundreds of millions of pounds, so the England Internationals will want to prove their own value to their former employers.
While a freak result is on the cards, if City get in front early, things could get embarrassing for the Premier League’s bottom club.
Over 2.5 goals at 7/10 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Villa to win at 13/2 – Click here to bet with Bet365
City to win 6-0 at 80/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?