Atalanta vs Verona Prediction and Preview – 20/09/15
Serie A preview – Atalanta vs Verona prediction
Forward Mauricio Pinilla is missing for Atalanta through suspension and they also have injury concerns, with Davide Brivio and Marcelo Estigarribia out of the game. Due to the absence of Pinilla, German Denis is likely to continue in attack.
Emil Hallfredsson is the main casualty for Verona but otherwise, manager Andrea Mandorlini has a full squad available for selection. Verona have only managed three goals so far this season, with veteran striker Luca Toni and Bosko Jankovic getting two of them. Both are expected to start in attack for Verona.
Atalanta: 4-3-3 formation: Sportiello; Masiello, Paletta, Cherubin, Drame; De Roon, Carmona, Kurtic; Moralez, Denis, Gomez
Verona: 4-3-3 formation: Rafael; Pisano, Marquez, Moras, Souprayen; Sala, Greco, Viviani; Jankovic; Toni, Siligardi
- Atalanta have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Verona have won 2, drawn 5 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Atalanta have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Verona have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1.5 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Atalanta’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Verona’s previous 10 matches
- Verona have failed to win a Serie A match in their last 5 attempts
Atalanta started the season with a very tricky away trip to play Inter Milan and despite losing that game 1-0, they have picked up 4 points. A good 2-0 home win was followed by a battling 2-2 draw at Sassuolo and Atalanta will be confident they have enough to turn over Verona at home. Other than the game at Inter, Atalanta have not struggled to find the back of the net in games.
Verona are yet to win a game this season and will feel they should have taken maximum points last time out against Roma. However, the team twice lost the lead and had to settle for a point, which was the second time they have drawn from a winning position this season. In their only away game to date this season, Verona lost 2-0 at Genoa, having gone in at half-time 0-0.
Atalanta will feel this is a game they should be winning and given Verona’s recent record on the road, failing to win in four games, they should be able to take all 3 points.
Atalanta to win at 1/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Atalanta to win and under 2.5 goals at 7/2 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Gomez to score first and Atalanta to win at 9/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?