Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia Prediction and Football Tips
Primera Liga football tips – Athletic Bilbao vs Valencia prediction.
The big news for Athletic Bilbao is the loss of attacking midfielder Iker Muniain, who will be missing for some time due to a cruciate knee ligament injury. The injury to Muniain will be a huge blow to Bilbao and they will also have to do without Ander Iturraspe through injury and the suspended Aymeric Laporte, who will be a big miss at the back.
Valencia will have to make do without the injured duo of Jose Gaya and Enzo Perez, with Lucas Orban likely to be the beneficiary, coming in to the team at left-back. There could be a place in the midfield for Rodrigo de Paul, with Alvaro Negredo preferred up-front to Paco Alcacer.
Athletic Bilbao: 4-2-3-1 formation: Iraizoz; Balenziaga, Gurpegi, Etxeita, Marcos, Rico, Iturraspe, Benat, Gómez, Williams, Aduriz
Valencia: 4-3-3 formation: Alves; Orban, Otamendi, Mustafi, Barragan; Gomes, Fuego, Paul; Piatti, Negredo, Rodrigo
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Athletic Bilbao have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Valencia have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Athletic Bilbao’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Valencia’s previous 10 matches.
- The last 3 meetings between these teams have all ended in draws.
The 2-0 defeat at Sevilla on the weekend would have come as a disappointment to Bilbao, who were on a great run of winning form prior to that match. In fact, prior to the match in Seville, Bilbao had won all 5 of their previous matches in all competitions, including a 1-0 home win over Real Madrid.
Valencia have been on an excellent run of form themselves and are undefeated in their last 8 Primera Liga matches, winning 6 of them. However, the 0-0 at home to Villarreal has allowed Sevilla to inch closer to the Champions League qualifying positions and with a trip to Barcelona coming up in a couple of weeks, Nuno Santo will know that his team can not drop any more points.
Athletic Bilbao sit comfortably in mid-table, whereas Valencia have everything to play for in terms of a Champions League place for next season. Both teams are in decent form and has recent history suggests, a low scoring draw could be the order of the day.
What are your predictions and football tips?