Augsburg vs Hertha Berlin Prediction and Football Tips – 15/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Augsburg vs Hertha Berlin prediction
With the latest news being that Abdul Rahman Baba is going to sign for Chelsea, he will not be included in the Augsburg squad for this match. That means a space opening up at the back and Markus Feulner is competing new signing Philipp Max for the left-back role. There is also competition up-front, with Tim Matavz and Sascha Mölders in contention to play as the lone striker.
Hertha Berlin will have to make do without new signing Mitchell Weiser, who is out through injury. Other players on the sidelines include Julian Schieber, Tolga Cigerci, Sami Allagui and Anis Ben-Hatira. However, new signing Valdimir Darida, should make his debut in midfield.
Augsburg: 4-1-4-1 formation: Hitz; Verhaegh, Hong, Klavan, Feulner; Baier; Bobadilla, Kohr, Altintop, Werner; Matavz
Hertha Berlin: 4-2-3-1 formation: Kraft; Pekarik, Lustenberger, Langkamp, Plattenhardt; Skjlebred, Darida; Beerens, Hegeler, Stocker; Kalou
- Augsburg have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Hertha Berlin have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Augsburg have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Hertha Berlin have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Augsburg’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Hertha Berlin’s previous 10 matches
- Augsburg have lost only once to Hertha in their last 6 meetings
Augsburg enjoyed a successful 2014/15 season and will aiming to build on that this season. The addition of a Europa League schedule will have to be taken in to consideration but the squad has remained pretty much intact over the summer, which is good news. Augsburg will be keen to demonstrate that their 5th place finish last season was not a one off.
Hertha Berlin were not mathematically safe until the last game of the season in 2014/15 and all concerned with the club will be hoping for better this time around. The signings of Vladimir Darida and Mitchell Weiser should help in that respect, although whether they will improve the team to the degree of a mid-table finish is questionable.
Augsburg will do well to repeat their 2014/15 season but should be able to get off to a positive start against Hertha at home.