Augsburg vs Ingolstadt Prediction and Preview – 29/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Augsburg vs Ingolstadt prediction
Augsburg still have a number on injury concerns ahead of their third match of the Bundesliga season. Shawn Parker, Jan Moravek, Piotr Trochowski, Daniel Opare and Marco Schuster are all out with injuries. The good news, is that Raul Bobadilla returns from suspension and should start up-front.
There are two definite absentees for Ingolstadt, with Danilo Soares and Konstantin Engel out injured. That means a possible start at left-back for Markus Suttner but new addition, Elias Kachunga, may have to continue with a place on the substitutes bench.
Augsburg: 4-1-4-1 formation: Hitz; Verhaegh, Hong, Klavan, Max; Baier; Esswein, Kohr, Altintop, Werner; Bobadilla
Ingolstadt: 4-3-3 formation: Ozcan, Levels, Hubner, Matip, Suttner; Roger, Morales, Grob; Leckie, Hartmann, Hinterseer
- Augsburg have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Ingolstadt have won 6 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Augsburg have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Ingolstadt have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Augsburg’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Ingolstadt’s previous 10 matches
- Augsburg are undefeated in 6 matches against Ingolstadt, winning 4 and drawing 2
Augsburg have had a disappointing start to the season, picking up just one point from their opening two Bundesliga matches. While the point at Eintracht Frankfurt is a decent result, the 1-0 home defeat at the hands of Hertha Berlin is certainly not and the home fans will want better against Ingolstadt. The return of Raul Bobadilla in attack may bring an additional threat going forward and much needed goals.
Ingolstadt started life in the Bundesliga with a promising 1-0 away to Mainz on the opening weekend of the season. However, then came the visit of Dortmund, who have started the season brilliantly and they were brushed aside 4-0. That result was a real wake-up call for Ingolstadt and it may see them adopt a more defensive approach in this game, in order to gain a repeat of their 1-0 away win earlier in the season.
Both teams will be wary of losing this game and that may see them play out a draw.
What are your predictions?