Barcelona vs Deportivo Prediction and Football Tips
La Liga football tips – Barcelona vs Deportivo prediction
Despite having already won the league title, Barcelona will want to keep their run of good form going, prior to the Copa del Rey and Champions League final. Luis Suarez is struggling to be fit and may not be risked but otherwise, every player is available for selection. Thomas Vermaelen could be in line to make his debut but Luis Enrique will be mindful of making too many changes for the sake of it.
Deportivo La Coruna have both Manuel Pablo and Luisinho missing through injury and suspension, which could mean starts for Roberto Canella and Ivan Cavaleiro. With Deportivo performing well in recent matches, manager Victor Sanchez will avoid making any unforced changes to the team.
Barcelona: 4-3-3 formation: Bravo; Alves, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Montoya; Roberto, Xavi, Rakitic; Pedro, Neymar, Messi
Deportivo: 4-4-1-1 formation: Fabricio; Laure, Lopo, Sidnei, Canella; Juanfran, Borges, Bergantinos; Cavaleiro; Perez; Riera
- Barcelona have won 9 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Deportivo have won 1, drawn 6 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 3.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Deportivo have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Barcelona’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Deportivo’s previous 10 matches
- Deportivo have failed to defeat Barcelona in their previous 9 attempts
This match will signal the end of Xavi’s long and illustrious career at Barcelona. With that in mind, Luis Enrique and the players will want to give their captain a proper send off and this should ensure a real performance. There’s little doubt, that considering their form, especially at home, Barcelona should be winning this match comfortably.
However, Deportivo have found some fighting spirit in recent weeks, which has given them hope of survival in La Liga. With 2 draws and 1 victory from their last 3 games, Deportivo sit 2 points clear of the relegation zone and even a draw at the Camp Nou may not be enough to save them. With Eibar at home to bottom club Cordoba, Deportivo know that they have to go for all 3 points to ensure another season in Spain’s top division.
With that in mind, there could plenty of goals in this one, going in at both ends of the pitch.
What are your La Liga predictions and football tips?