Barcelona vs Valencia Prediction and Football Tips
La Liga football tips – Barcelona vs Valencia prediction.
With a job well done in Paris, Barcelona’s thoughts return to the exciting race at the top of La Liga. With no room for error, Luis Enrique will opt for his strongest team and Claudio Bravo will return in goal. Iniesta, who is struggling with a back injury may miss out, with Xavi coming in and Dani Alves could also miss the game with a sprained ankle.
Valencia are sweating on the fitness of Enzo Perez, Gaya and Pablo Piatti for the trip to the Camp Nou. However, manager Nuno Santo will want to refrain from making too many changes to a team, that got a good result against Levante last time out.
Barcelona: 4-3-3 formation: Bravo; Mathieu, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Busquets, Xavi, Rakitic; Neymar, Messi, Suarez
Valencia: 4-1-4-1 formation: Alves; Orban, Vezo, Mustafi, Cancelo; Fuego; Gomes, Parejo, Rodrigo, Feghouli; Alcacer
- Barcelona have won 9, and drawn 1 of their last 10 matches
- Valencia have won 7 and drawn 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 2.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Valencia have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Barcelona’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Valencia’s previous 10 matches
- Valencia have defeated Barcelona once in their last 16 meetings, 3-2 at the Cam Nou last season
Due to the fact they were leading the game 2-0, Barcelona will see it as 2 points dropped at Sevilla last week. That result allowed Real Madrid to close within 2 points at the top of La Liga and therefore, only a win here will do. With one foot in the Champions League semi-finals, Enrique will want to continue their fine home form in La Liga, which has seen them lose just 1 in their last 10.
Valencia are in good form and travel to the Camp Nou defending a run of 10 games unbeaten in La Liga. Having won in Barcelona last season, this match won’t hold much fear for Nuno Santo’s men and a win, could potentially take them up to third in the table. Valencia have the players to cause Barcelona problems at the back and this could be a close game, with plenty of goal mouth action.
What are your predictions and betting tips?