Bayern Munich vs Porto Prediction and Football Tips
Champions League football tips – Bayern Munich vs Porto prediction.
Bayern Munich still face a huge list of injuries coming in to the second leg of this Champions League quarter-final, which means Pep Guardiola is restricted in any changes he can make. To add to the likes of Arjen Robben, David Alaba, Mehdi Benatia, Javi Martinez, Franck Ribery and Bastian Schweinsteiger, both Juan Bernat and Philipp Lahm are also doubts for the game.
Porto will have to make do without their regular full-backs as Danilo and Alex Sandro are suspended for the trip to the Allianz Arena. Cristian Tello is a doubt through injury but striker Jackson Martinez should be fit.
Bayern Munich: 4-3-3 formation: Neuer; Rafinha, Boateng, Dante, Bernat; Lahm, Alonso, Thiago; Gotze, Muller, Lewandowski
Porto: 4-3-3 formation: Fabiano; Sandro, Indi, Maicon, Pereira; Herrera, Oliver, Casemiro; Brahimi, Martinez, Quaresma
- Bayern Munich have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Porto have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bayern Munich have scored an average of 2.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Porto have scored an average of 2.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Bayern Munich’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Porto’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met in Germany, Bayern won 2-1 back in 2000
Bayern Munich have a lot of work to do, if they are going to turn this tie around and progress to the semi-finals. This season, Bayern have played 4 games at home in the Champions League and won all of them, without conceding a goal, something which they are probably going to have to do in this one. However, their defence looked shaky again on the weekend and Hoffenheim could easily have scored a few goals.
Porto have given themselves a great chance of progressing after their 3-1 victory last week. Their away record in the Champions League has been good this season, undefeated in 5 games and scoring at least 1 goal in each of them.
Both teams have got regular first team players missing but it’s Bayern who are struggling the most with injuries. The German’s frailty at the back could be what eliminates them from this seasons Champions League.
What are you Champions league predictions and football tips?