Brazil vs Chile Prediction and Football Tips
International football tips – Brazil vs Chile prediction
With David Luiz and Marquinhos still out through injury, Brazil could field a very similar team to that which defeated France on Thursday night in Paris. That could mean another start for attacking midfielder Roberto Firmino, who will join the Chelsea duo of Willian and Oscar in supporting Neymar up-front. The only change could see the inclusion of Fernandinho in place of Elias.
Chile will name a much stronger looking team to that which slumped to defeat against Iran last week. Both Alexis Sanchez and Arturo Vidal were on the bench for that game and will make a return to the team for this match. Sanchez could be joined by Eduardo Vargas and Marcos Gonzalez in attack, with David Pizarro operating as the defensive midfielder.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Brazil have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chile have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Brazil’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Chile’s previous 10 matches.
- Brazil defeated Chile on penalties in their last meeting, after a 1-1 draw in the second round of the 2014 World Cup.
Brazil continued their fine form against France on Thursday night, with a good 3-1 win over Didier Deschamps’ men in Paris. Following their humiliation against Germany in the World Cup, Brazil have had a determined look about them in each of their 7 games, winning all of them and conceding just 2 goals in the process. Despite the fact all of these matches have been friendlies, Dunga has steadied the ship and enjoyed good wins over Colombia, Argentina, Turkey and now France.
Chile slumped to a very disappointing 2-0 to Iran in Austria on Thursday night, which was their second defeat in 3 games. However, the team that will start this match against Brazil, will look much different, with the likes of Alexis Sanchez, Arturo Vidal, David Pizarro, Gary Medel and Mauricio Isla all set to start. That being said, Sanchez has started to show signs of tiredness in recent weeks and has not been at his best.
With the 2015 Copa America in their sights, Brazil have got the bit between their teeth and should have enough to continue their excellent form against Chile at the Emirates.
What are your predictions and football tips?