Brazil vs Paraguay Prediction and Football Tips
Copa America football tips – Brazil vs Paraguay prediction
Brazil have to continue without their superstar forward, Neymar, who misses the remainder of the tournament suspended. With every other player available, Dunga may opt to keep the same team that defeated Venezuela in their final group match.
Paraguay will have to make do without Richard Ortiz, which means a change in the centre of their midfield. Osmar Molinas is most likely to step in and partner Nestor Ortigoza in the engine room. Having netted against Uruguay, Lucas Barrios should keep his place up-front.
Brazil: 4-2-3-1 formation: Jefferson; Luis, Miranda, Silva, Dani Alves; Elias, Fernandinho; Willian, Coutinho, Robinho; Firmino
Paraguay: 4-4-2 formation: Villar; Caceres, Valdez, Silva, Piris; Bobadilla, Ortigoza, Molinas, Benitez; Barrios, Valdez
- Brazil have won 9 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Paraguay have won 2, drawn 4 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Brazil have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Paraguay have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Brazil’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Paraguay’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met in a competitive match was the 2014 World Cup quarter-final, Brazil came out on top 2-1
These teams last met in the quarter-finals of the 2011 Copa American and Paraguay went through on penalties after 0-0 draw
Brazil went though as winners of Group C, despite losing one of their games 1-0 to Colombia. The loss of Neymar will continue to be discussed but Dunga and his players have to forget about that and concentrate on the job at hand.
Paraguay finished second in Group B but managed just one victory in the process, a 1-0 win over Jamaica. Having said that, they remain undefeated in the tournament, having held both Argentina and Uruguay.
Although their last meeting in the Copa America semi-finals ended 0-0, there is a good chance of goals in this one. Both teams were involved in games that totalled 7 goals in their respective groups, meaning an average of 2.33 per game. Paraguay have tasted defeat in just one of their last six matches and this could be closer than many people think.
What are your Copa America predictions and football tips?