Brazil vs Peru Prediction and Football Tips
Copa America football tips – Brazil vs Peru prediction
With choices limited in the strikers position, Neymar could start up-front for Brazil, with Roberto Firmino, Willian and Coutinho in support. Having been brought in to the squad, Dani Alves will be pushing for a start at right-back but Fabinho is the favourite to take up that position.
Peru have a choice between the experienced Claudio Pizarro or Paolo Guerrero up-front, with the latter likely to get the nod. The creative element of the team will come from Juan Vargas and Jefferson Farfan, who will look to operate from wide positions and cause damage coming from midfield.
Brazil: 4-2-3-1 formation: Jefferson; Luis, Luiz, Silva, Fabinho; Elias, Fernandinho; Willian, Firmino, Coutinho; Neymar
Peru: 4-2-3-1 formation: Penny; Advincula, Zambrano, Ramos, Cespedes; Lobaton, Ballon; Farfan, Ascues, Vargas; Guerrero
- Brazil have won 10 of their last 10 matches
- Peru have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Brazil have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Peru have scored an average of 0.9 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Brazil’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Peru’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met was in a World Cup 2010 qualifier in Brazil, with the home team winning 3-0
Brazil have been on a fantastic run of form since their hugely disappointing end to the 2014 World Cup. Although all their games to date have been friendlies, Brazil have won all 10 of them, including victories over Argentina, Colombia, Turkey and France. The biggest improvement has come in defence, with the team conceding just 2 goals during those 10 games.
Peru did very well to finish third in the 2011 Copa American but have only played 2 matches since November. This is not great preparation for a match against one of the favourites to claim the title. Peru are sure to try and frustrate Brazil for as long as they can in this match.
Although Brazil should have enough to claim maximum points here, don’t expect them to go out and try and take Peru apart. Under manager Dunga, defence is key and this could be low scoring game.
What are your Copa America predictions and football tips?