Brentford vs Middlesbrough Prediction and Football Tips
Championship play-off football tips – Brentford vs Middlesbrough prediction
Following two good victories at the end of the season, Brentford are likely to go in unchanged from the team that defeated Wigan 3-0 on the final day of league action. The only player to definitely miss out through injury is Scott Hogan and Chris Long could return to the squad, having extended his loan spell from Everton.
Middlesbrough will delighted to have a full squad to pick from for the trip to Griffin Park. Having rested a number of players for the final game of the season, the likes of George Friend, Adam Reach hand Patrick Bamford will all return to the team.
Brentford: 4-2-3-1 formation: Button; Bidwell, Tarkowski, Dean, Odubajo; Douglas, Diagouraga; Pritchard, Judge, Jota; Gray
Middlesbrough: 4-2-3-1 formation: Konstantopoulos, Tiendelli, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Leadbitter; Adomah, Tomlin, Reach; Bamford
- Brentford have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Middlesbrough have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Brentford have scored an average of 2 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Middlesbrough have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Brentford’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Middlesbrough’s previous 10 matches
- The league encounter at Griffin Park ended 1-0 to Brentford
Brentford have surprised many by reaching the play-offs but their form of late has been good. Just 1 defeat from their last 9 Championship matches, shows they have become difficult to beat. The majority of the teams above Brentford, Middlesbrough included, would have hoped to avoid the play-offs, whereas Brentford are delighted to be involved and this could allow the Bees to play more freely.
Middlesbrough stuttered over the line somewhat, losing and drawing their final two games of the season, although the latter result was with a weakened team. Boasting the best defensive record of any team in the Championship, Aitor Karanka will be hoping his team can keep things tight in this game.
Having lost at the Riverside 4-0 earlier in the season, Brentford will want to take advantage of the fact that Middlesbrough have lost 5 of their last 7 away Championship games.
What are your play-off predictions and football tips?