Carpi vs Napoli Prediction and Preview – 23/09/15
Serie A preview – Carpi vs Napoli prediction
Carpi have just the one injury to contend with and that’s Luca Marrone, who will be forced to sit this one out. Having looked good against Fiorentina at the weekend, striker Marco Borriello is set to continue in attack, meaning Jerry Mbakogu will have to settle for a place on the bench.
Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri has the luxury of a full squad to choose from, with no injury or suspension concerns. Having played on Thursday and Sunday, Sarri may be tempted to rotate but given the fact Napoli have scored 10 goals without reply in their previous 2 games, it’s unlikely he will.
Carpi: 3-5-2 formation: Brkic; Zaccardo, Bubnjic, Gagliolo; Letizia, Fedele, Cofie, Lollo, Silva; Boriello, Ryder
Napoli: 4-3-3 formation: Reina; Maggio, Koulibaly, Albiol, Hysaj; Allan, Jorginho, Hamsik; Mertens, Higuain, Insigne
- Carpi have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 6 of their last 10 matches
- Napoli have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Carpi have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Napoli have scored an average of 3.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Carpi’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 9 of Napoli’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals in each of Napoli’s last 13 Serie A matches
Carpi have endured a difficult start to their life in Serie A, picking up just 1 point from their first 4 matches. The 2-2 draw at Palermo will have given the team a bit of confidence but once again, they failed to keep a clean sheet as they went down 1-0 at home to Fiorentina at the weekend. Having conceded 10 goals in 4 games, Carpi are going to have to tighten things up considerably to get anything from this game.
Napoli have finally hit some good form after a slow start to the season. Now undefeated in 4 games, the team have been in excellent goalscoring form, finding the back of the net 14 times in their last 4 outings. Napoli have also kept a clean sheet in their previous 2 games and will be looking to continue this sequence at Carpi.
Everything here is pointing to a Napoli win and there could be plenty of goals too.
Napoli to win at 11/20 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Napoli to win and over 2.5 goals at 11/8 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Higuain to score first and Napoli to win at 4/1 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?