Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid Prediction and Football Tips
La Liga football tips – Celta Vigo vs Real Madrid prediction
With Borja Oubina and Carles Planas the only two players unavailable for Celta Vigo through injury, manager Eduardo Berizzo is unlikely to make any changes from the team that won last time out at Eibar.
Carlo Ancelotti can on full-back Marcelo, who missed the Champions League game in mid-week through suspension. However, Real Madrid are still without Gareth Bale, Luka Modric and Karim Benzema who are all injured. With Benzema still out, Javier Hernandez will have another chance to impress up-front.
Celta Vigo: 4-2-3-1 formation: Alvarez; Jonny, Fontas, Cabral, Mallo; Fernandez, Krohn-Dehli; Nolito, Orellana, Mina; Larrivey
Real Madrid: 4-4-2 formation: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Kroos, Illarramendi, James, Isco; Ronaldo, Hernandez
- Celta Vigo have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Real Madrid have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Celta Vigo have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Real Madrid have scored an average of 2.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Celta Vigo’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Real Madrid’s previous 10 matches
- Celta Vigo defeated Real Madrid 2-0 in this fixture last season
Celta Vigo have put a good run together, which has seen them lose just 1 of their last 4 matches and that was a 1-0 defeat to Barcelona. That alone, shows that Eduardo Berizzo’s men are a match for the top teams in La Liga. Picking up maximum points from their last 2 matches, including a 6-1 win over Rayo Vallecano, Celta Vigo are coming in to the match in confident mood.
Real Madrid finally overcame their neighbours Atletico Madrid in mid-week and are now undefeated in their last 6 games, after a sticky patch in March. There are still injury concerns surrounding the team, with key players missing and Ancelotti will once again have selection decisions to make.
Celta Vigo defeated Real Madrid at home last season and could pose more problems for the Champions League holders again in 2015.
What are your La Liga predictions and football tips?