Chelsea vs Arsenal Prediction and Preview – 19/09/15
Premier League preview – Chelsea vs Arsenal prediction
Chelsea new boys Pedro and Falcao are both a doubt for the early kick off against Arsenal on Saturday. The duo missed the mid-week Champions League clash with Maccabi Tel Aviv, while Willian will be sidelined having picked up a knock in that game. Thibaut Courtois is the only long term absentee so Asimir Begovic will continue in goal.
Arsenal will be without Danny Welbeck, Jack Wilshere and Thomas Rosicky for the foreseeable future. Per Mertesacker could return but there are still question marks over his fitness.
Chelsea: 4-2-3-1 formation: Begovic; Azpilicueta, Cahill, Zouma, Rahman; Matic, Mikel; Oscar, Fabregas, Hazard; Costa
Arsenal: 4-2-3-1 formation: Cech; Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesaker, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla; Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez; Walcott
- Chelsea have won 2, drawn 3 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Arsenal have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chelsea have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Chelsea’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
- Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0 in the Community Shield
Chelsea’s woefull start to the season has been well publicised in recent weeks, so Jose Mourinho could do with three points to ease the pressure. With that in mind, the sight of Arsene Wenger in the opposite dug out might be a timely one, as prior to Mourinho’s defeat in the Community Shield, Wenger was without a win in their last 14 meetings.
After losing their first league game to West Ham 2-0, the Gunners have recovered well with 3 wins and a draw. However, their confidence took a bit of a hit after suffering a 2-1 defeat to Dynamo Zagreb mid-week. That said, Wenger fielded a weakened team having rested several big names in anticipation for the trip to Stamford Bridge.
Theo Walcott will have a big role to play in this one as he looks to continue his good form up front having scored 11 in his last 11 starts. Chelsea are likely to play Kurt Zouma at centre back to try and negate the striker’s pace and that will be key battle.
Over 2.5 goals at 4/5– Click here to bet with Bet365
Full tie result a draw at 12/5 – Click here to bet with Bet365
Theo Walcott to score first at 15/2 – Click here to bet with Bet365
What are your predictions?