Chile vs Ecuador Prediction and Football Tips
Copa America football tips – Chile vs Ecuador prediction
The hosts of the 2015 Copa America, Chile, start the tournament without Carlos Carmona and striker Edson Puch, who have withdrawn through injury. Eduardo Vargas is struggling for match fitness and this could mean a starting place in attack for Mati Fernandez, who will play in support of Alexis Sanchez.
Ecuador have been rocked by injuries to two key players, Antonio Valencia and Felipe Caicedo. Forward Michael Arroyo has also withdrawn from the squad, meaning that the pressure will be on Enner Valencia to get the goals for Ecuador.
Chile: 3-4-2-1 formation: Bravo; Silva, Medel, Jara; Mena, Diaz, Aranguiz, Isla; Fernandez, Vidal; Sanchez
Ecuador: 4-4-2 formation: Dominguez; Parades, Erazo, Achilier, Ayovi; Montero, Ibarra, Noba, Martinez; Valencia, Ayovi
- Chile have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Ecuador have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chile have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Ecuador have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Chile’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Ecuador’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met was in a World Cup qualifier in 2013, Chile won the match 2-1 on home soil
Chile will be aiming to build on their impressive performances from the 2014 World Cup and give their home crowd something to cheer. With the likes of Claudio Bravo, Arturo Vidal and Alexis Sanchez in their ranks, they will expect to get off to the perfect start against Ecuador.
From Ecuador’s point of view, the loss of key players will really hurt their chances of progressing from this group but could cause Chile some problems. A recent 4-0 win over Panama will give the team confidence they can get something from the game.
With Mexico and Bolivia making up the group, Chile will know that a win here will put them in a great position to make the quarter-finals. Expect a high intensity start to the tournament from Chile, who should have more than enough to see off a weakened Ecuador team.
What are your Copa American predictions and football tips?