Chile vs Uruguay Prediction and Football Tips
Copa America football tips – Chile vs Uruguay prediction
Chile have no injury or suspension concerns going in to the Copa America quarter-finals. Manager Jorge Sampaoli will be tempted to stick with the same teams that comprehensively defeated Bolivia in their last group game.
The good news for Uruguay, is that central defender Diego Godin returns to the team following suspension. However, Alvaro Pereira is now suspended and this will mean a change at full-back, with Gaston Silva likely to step in.
Chile: 4-3-1-2 formation: Bravo; Beausejour, Medel, Jara, Isla; Aranguiz, Diaz, Vidal; Valdivia; Sanchez, Vargas
Uruguay: 4-4-2 formation: Muslera; Pereira, Giminez, Godin, Silva; Gonzalez, Rios Rodriguez, Sanchez; Rolan, Cavani
- Chile have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Uruguay have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chile have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Uruguay have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Chile’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Uruguay’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met was a friendly in 2014 and Uruguay came out on top 2-1
Chile stormed through the the quarter-finals of the Copa American with a 5-0 win over Bolivia and have stepped up a gear following their 3-3 draw with Mexico. La Roja are the competitions top goal scorers and are undefeated after their three group games, winning two and drawing one.
Uruguay only managed to pick up one win in their three group matches, drawing and losing the other two. As defending champions, Oscar Tabarez team have yet to find the form that earned them the title in 2011 and also saw them perform well at the 2014 World Cup.
With Chile finding their form at the right time and playing in-front of a passionate home crowd, Uruguay need to up their game if they are to stay in the competition.
What are your Copa America predictions and football tips?