Club America vs Manchester United Prediction and Football Tips
International Champions Cup football tips – Club America vs Manchester United prediction
With this being a friendly match, team news and starting line-ups are more difficult to anticipate than during the competitive season. However, Club America will be hoping that both Oribe Peralta and Dario Benedetto are fit to start in attack, having netted 45 times between them last season.
Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has a host of new signings to select from. Expect the likes of Darmian, Memphis Depay, Bastian Schweinsteiger and Morgan Schneiderlin all to feature during the game, although not all of them will start.
Club America: 4-4-2 formation: González; Pimentel, Mares, Aguilar, Hernández; Quintero, Andrade, Arroyo, Sambueza; Benedetto, Peralta
Manchester United: 4-3-3 formation: De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Jones, Shaw; Carrick, Fellaini, Herrera; Depay, Mata, Rooney
- Club America have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Manchester United have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Club America have scored an average of 2.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester United have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Club America’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Manchester United’s previous 10 matches
- The teams have met once before, with Manchester United winning 3-1 on a 2003 tour of the United States
This match will be a good test for Manchester United, as they begin their preparations for the new season in the United States. Club America reversed a run of three straight defeats in their last match against San Jose Earthquakes and will want to take the opportunity to impress against top European opposition.
For Manchester United, this will be the first game in the process of gelling a new team together. With a number of new signings and well known faces aiming to impress and claim a first team place for the new season, expect a strong performance from the players, even though it’s the first friendly of the summer.
There can be little doubt that Manchester United have the quality to win this match comfortably, however, as it’s the first friendly of the summer, players will not be at 100% physically.
What are your predictions and football tips?