Dinamo Zagreb vs Skenderbeu Korce Preview and Prediction –25/08/2015
Champions League preview – Dinamo Zagreb vs Skenderbeu Korce prediction
After the first leg Dinamo switched up their entire starting XI for a league match away at Istra 1961 which they drew 1-1. Presumably they are looking to conserve their key players’ fitness for this second leg match. Predominantly the line-up will be unchanged from the first leg, although Ademi could come in for Goncalo at defensive midfield, and Henríquez; who is playing well, for Hodžić up front.
Despite having a lot less of the ball and fewer shots, Skenderbeu will feel very happy with their first leg result. They will probably line up similarly in the second leg, maybe with the inclusion of Arapi at full back. With Shkëmbi sitting in the centre of midfield they had a strong defensive core, therefore they will probably stick to the 4-1-4-1 formation, although it could evolve into a 4-2-3-1.
Dinamo Zagreb: 4-2-3-1 formation: Eduardo; Pivarić, Sigali, Taravel, Pinto; Ademi, Machado; Pjaca, Rog, Soudani; Henríquez
Skenderbeu Korce: 4-1-4-1 formation: Shehi; Vangjeli, Radaš, Jashanica, Arapi; Shkëmbi; Berisha, Nimaga, Lilaj, Latifi; Salihi
- Dinamo Zagreb have won 5, drawn 5 and lost 0 of their last 10 matches
- Skenderbeu Korce have won 3, drawn 1 and lost 6 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Dinamo Zagreb have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Skenderbeu Korce have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.5 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Dinamo Zagreb’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Skenderbeu Korce’s previous 10 matches
- The teams fought last week in the first leg as Dinamo stole a 2-1 victory in the last minute of stoppage time. Skenderbeu are still hoping to be the first Albanian team to reach the group stages
With zero losses in their last ten games, and sitting unbeaten at the top of the league, Dinamo Zagreb will be confident that they can extend their impressive unbeaten run and reach the group stages of the Champions League. Two precious away goals will eliminate a lot of nerves, but Skenderbeu proved in the first leg that they are very resilient.
Skenderbeu will become the first Albanian team to feature in a major UEFA competition group stage regardless of the result against Dinamo, therefore they will feel that they have nothing to lose. This coupled with the fact that Zagreb have lost two of their six home UEFA qualifying games will provide an interesting showdown.
With a mountain to climb, Skenderbeu are looking very unlikely to qualify to the Champions League group stages. Dinamo Zagreb will surely see out a solid win in this one.
What are your predictions?