Dortmund vs FC Koln Prediction and Football Tips
Bundesliga football tips – Dortmund vs FC Koln prediction
Kevin Grosskreutz is the only absentee for Dortmund and this means that Jurgen Klopp can pick his first choice team for this match, if he decides to do so. With the huge Champions League match against Juventus looming next week, the German manager may be forgiven for resting some of his big name players. However, given Dortmund’s resurgence in the Bundesliga in recent weeks, Klopp is likely to go full strength.
FC Koln will have to make at least one change, with defender Kevin Wimmer suspended and this could mean a starting place at the back for Mergim Mavraj. Both Yannick Gerhardt and Patrick Helmes are definitely out through injury. Other than that, manager, Peter Stöger, is unlikely to make any major changes from the team that defeated Eintracht Frankfurt last week.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Dortmund have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Koln have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Dortmund’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Koln’s previous 10 matches.
- The previous meeting between the teams ended in a 2-1 victory for Koln at the Rhein Energie Stadion.
Following a terrible run of results that saw Dortmund struggle at the bottom of the table, Jurgen Klopp’s team have enjoyed a spell of 5 games unbeaten in the Bundesliga. The return from injury of key players has no doubt helped in this turn around and they are now 10 points off a Champions League qualification spot.
Despite their victory last weekend, Koln have been going in the opposite direction, failing to win any of their previous 5 matches, before last weekend. During their last 7 away games, Koln have only manager to keep 1 clean sheet and Dortmund have only failed to score, at least 1 goal, once in their last 6 games.
Given the overall form of both teams and if Dortmund can keep their attention away from the Juventus game, the home side should come out on top.
What are your predictions?