Everton vs Watford Prediction and Football Tips – 08/08/15
Premier League League football tips – Everton vs Watford prediction
Roberto Martinez, has a number of injury concerns ahead of Everton’s first game of the season. Tony Hibbert and Steven Pienaar are definitely out and the likes of Darron Gibson, Aiden McGeady, Muhamed Besic and new signing Gerard Deulofeu are also struggling to make it. Due to the injury problems, both John Stones and Romelu Lukaka should start, even though they also have injury concerns.
Watford, have a number of new players, who will be aiming to make a good impact in their first Premier League game for the club. However, new signing Miguel Britos will definitely miss out due to suspension, while Ikechi Anya and Jurado are doubts but should make it.
Everton: 4-2-3-1 formation: Howard; Coleman, Stones, Jagielka, Baines; Barry, McCarthy; Cleverley, Barkley, Naismith; Lukaku
Watford: 4-1-3-2 formation: Gomes; Nyom, Cathcart, Prodl, Anya; Behrami; Layun, Capoue, Jurado; Deeney, Ighalo
Everton have won 4, drawn 1 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Watford have won 6, drawn 2 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Everton have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Watford have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Everton’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Watford’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met at Goodison was in 2006 and Everton won 2-1
Everton have failed to make any big signings during the summer but have, to date, kept their best players at the club. Therefore, Martinez will be hoping that as a team, his players perform well together and start the season on the right note. However, the amount of injuries in the squad is far from ideal.
Watford have a number of new signings and also a new manager, Quique Flores, making their Premier League debut in this game. The key, will be how well the manager and his group players gel together, in what could be a tough opening fixture, against an experienced Premier League outfit.
Anything other than 3 points, will be seen as a very disappointing start to the season for Everton but Watford could make it a tough first fixture for the Toffees.