Fiorentina vs AC Milan Prediction and Football Tips – 23/08/2015
Serie A football tips – Fiorentina vs AC Milan prediction
Fiorentina will be delighted at the possible return of Guiseppe Rossi to the starting XI this weekend as he is expected to lead the line after a year out with a knee injury. Players such as Norberto Neto, Stefan Savić and Juan Cuadrado have all left the club since January; arguably three of their key players over the last year or so. It will be interesting to see how the likes of new singing Mario Suárez will do in this fresh setup.
It’s not very often that a European force such as AC Milan have a bad season, something they will look to rectify this season. They have added good quality strikers in Carlos Bacca and Luiz Adriano in an attempt to improve their goal difference. Alessio Romagnoli has also been signed from Roma, and suddenly there is a more positive vibe surrounding AC Milan. Loaning Stephan El Shaarawy out to Monaco shows that Milan are confident with their current squad depth.
Fiorentina: 4-3-3 formation: Tătăruşanu; Pasqual, Rodriguez, Roncaglia, Tomovic; Valero, Mario Suárez, Fernández; Iličić, Rossi, Bernardeschi
AC Milan: 4-3-1-2 formation: Diego López; Antonelli, Mexès, Romagnoli, Abate; Poli, De Jong, Montolivo; Honda, Bacca, Luiz Adriano
- Fiorentina have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- AC Milan have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Fiorentina have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, AC Milan have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Fiorentina’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of AC Milan’s previous 10 matches
- Fiorentina came out on top in the last meeting back in March, winning 2-1. Milan have only beaten Fiorentina once since 2011
Achieving Europa League qualification will represent a good season for Fiorentina, although their squad depth will be tested after selling a lot of their key players. The return of Guiseppe Rossi will boost morale and they will be confident of getting a result against this Milan side.
After a sub-par season Milan will be looking to reach the top four of the Serie A this season. The arrivals of two new strikers will add firepower, and Milan will be hoping that they can eliminate defensive errors in order to overturn a poor recent record versus Fiorentina.
This is one of the more difficult predictions of the weekend, and I feel that a game between two big teams could be coming too early in the season, resulting in a tense draw.
What are your predictions?