France vs Brazil Prediction and Football Tips
International football tips – France vs Brazil prediction
Having automatically qualified for Euro 2016 as hosts, France play a series of friendly international matches before the tournament starts and they come no bigger than Brazil. Manager Didier Deschamps, has named goalkeeper Benoit Costil of Rennes, as a replacement for injured number one, Hugo Lloris. Two interesting call-ups include Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma and Lyon’s Nabil Fekir, both of whom are yet to win their first senior cap. Fekir in particular, has been in great form for Lyon this season.
Brazil manager Dunga, has also named a very strong squad, with the majority of players, coming from the European leagues. Some exceptions include the Brazilian based goalkeepers Jefferson and Marcelo Grohe, midfielders Elias and Souza and striker Robinho. Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho has been rewarded for his fine form with a call-up and joins the likes of Neymar, Oscar, Marcelo and Thiago Silva in a squad packed with quality. There could be a total of 3 PSG players named in the Brazilian defence.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, France have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Brazil have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of France’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Brazil’ previous 10 matches.
- The last time these teams met was in a friendly in 2013, Brazil won 3-0 in Porto Alegre.
Brazil return to the scene, of their somewhat shambolic 1998 World Cup final defeat, a match that Neymar has been referring to in the days leading up to this match. Since that final, France have held the upper hand over Brazil, only tasting defeat once in their previous 5 meetings, winning 3 of them, although the defeat was in their most recent match of 2013.
Following the 2014 World Cup, which ended in disaster for Brazil, both teams have been in good form. The hosts, France, have remained undefeated in all 6 of their games following the tournament, winning 3 and drawing 3, whereas Brazil have won all 6 of their games, scoring plenty of goals in the process.
It’s sure to be an exciting match, which, going by the majority of recent meetings, could be tighter than many people expect. A low scoring draw, could be a distinct possibility.
What are your predictions and football tips?