Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich Prediction and Football Tips – 22/08/2015
Bundesliga football tips – Hoffenheim vs Bayern Munich prediction
Despite being without Franck Ribéry since March this year Bayern have seemed able to adapt to his absence. The likes of Arjen Robben and Thomas Müller can both play on either wing, along with new signing Douglas Costa, who has lit up the Allianz Arena already this season. A 4-1-4-1 formation seems probable, although a more attacking approach could be adopted in order to take apart an average Hoffenheim team.
Hoffenheim would be nervous at the prospect of hosting Bayern on any day, but especially after losing two of their most prolific goal scorers this summer. Roberto Firmino and Anthony Modeste have moved on, however Kevin Volland will be looking to have yet another good season. It’s possible that they will line up with two strikers in a search for goals, with Kevin Kuranyi looking to impress on his return to the Bundesliga.
Hoffenheim: 4-3-1-2 formation: Baumann; Kaderábek, Süle, Schär, Kim; Schwegler, Rudy, Polanski; Zuber; Volland, Kuranyi
Bayern Munich: 4-1-4-1 formation: Neuer; Alaba, Boateng, Benatia, Lahm; Alonso; Costa, Vidal, Müller, Robben; Lewandowski
- Hoffenheim have won 3, drawn 3 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Bayern Munich have won 7, drawn 3 and lost 0 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Hoffenheim have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Bayern Munich have scored an average of 2.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Hoffenheim’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Bayern Munich’s previous 10 matches
- The sides last met in the Bundesliga in April this year which resulted in a 2-0 away win for Bayern Munich. Hoffenheim have failed to win this fixture in their last fourteen attempts
Hoffenheim finished eighth in the 2014/15 Bundesliga campaign, narrowly missing out on Europa League qualification. However the loss of two players who have provided a lot of goals over the last two seasons means they could struggle this season, let alone in this game against a very strong Bayern Munich team.
After a third successive league title, Bayern will enter this campaign with hopes of winning it again. They have strengthened their squad with Arturo Vidal and Douglas Costa most notably. They will also be motivated to improve on some poor European performances in recent years.
It’s very difficult to look beyond Bayern in any fixture, and I can’t see any result other than a convincing win for them. They looked very strong in their opening game, a 5-0 win versus Hamburger.