Hull vs Burnley Prediction and Football Tips
Premier League football tips – Hull vs Burnley prediction
Hull manager Steve Bruce has mentioned recently how important striker Nikica Jelavic could be to his team’s hope of survival in the Premier League. Having come off the bench late in the game against Arsenal, chances are the Croatian will return to the starting line-up for this one.
Burnley won their appeal against the dismissal of Michael Duff during the week and the defender is all set to start the match. Elsewhere, striker Sam Vokes is still a doubt having missed the last couple of games but could be fit enough to return to the bench.
Hull 3-5-2 formation: Harper; Dawson, McShane, Bruce; Robertson, Meyler, Huddlestone, Quinn, Brady; N’Doye, Jelavic
Burnley: 4-4-2 formation: Heaton; Trippier, Duff, Shackell, Mee; Boyd, Arfield, Jones, Taylor; Barnes, Ings
- Hull have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Burnley have won 1, drawn 2 and lost 7 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Hull have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Burnley have scored an average of 0.2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Hull’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 0 of Burnley’s previous 10 matches
- The reverse fixture finished 1-0 to Burnley at Turf Moor
With recent victories over Crystal Palace and Liverpool, Hull have given themselves a chance of staying in the Premier League for another season. The 3-1 home defeat to Arsenal last Monday was a set-back but the level performance seems to be there for Bruce’s team and the return of Jelavic will be a boost.
Burnley have hit a poor run of form at the wrong time, losing all of their last 4 Premier League games and are now without a win in 6. Away form in particular has been dreadful, without a win in 11 Premier League games, losing 8 of them. Without a goal in their last 6 Premier League matches, the signs are not good.
What are your Premier League predictions and football tips?