Ingolstadt vs Wolfsburg Prediction and Preview – 12/09/2015
Bundesliga preview – Ingolstadt vs Wolfsburg prediction
With the injury to Konstantin Engel it’s likely that Markus Suttner will come in as a replacement. Lukas Hinterseer was joint top scorer for Ingolstadt last season and he will need to continue scoring if they are to beat the larger teams this campaign. Their lack of injuries to first team players has helped them to gain stability, however they were exposed against Dortmund during their only loss so far this season, but it’s expected that they will continue with the 4-3-3 formation.
After the losses of Kevin De Bruyne and Ivan Perišić to Manchester City and Inter Milan respectively, Wolfsburg’s depth going forward will undoubtedly come under scrutiny this season. The acquisitions of Draxler and Dante indicates some shrewd business, and if it wasn’t for the lack of injuries I feel the squad harmony would be negatively affected. Kevin De Bruyne is almost irreplaceable but Wolfsburg are a team which can continue without him.
Ingolstadt: 4-3-3 formation: Özcan; Suttner, Hubner, Matip, Levels; Morales, Roger, Groß; Leckie, Hinterseer, Hartmann
Wolfsburg: 4-2-3-1 formation: Casteels; Rodriguez, Naldo, Klose, Vieirinha; Dias, Guilavogui; Schurrle, Draxler, Kruse; Dost
- Ingolstadt have won 6, drawn 0 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Wolfsburg have won 4, drawn 4 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Ingolstadt have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Wolfsburg have scored an average of 1.8 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Ingolstadt’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Wolfsburg’s previous 10 matches
- The last meeting was in a 2013 Play Off which saw Wolfsburg win 2-1. Ingolstadt won their last home fixture against Wolfsburg
After winning the 2. Bundesliga last season, Ingolstadt are looking to be in excellent shape at the beginning of this campaign having won both of their away games. If and when they gain some home form it’ll be expected that they avoid relegation if not gain a top half finish. Lukas Hinterseer is their star man and he will certainly be looking to fire in the goals to keep them safe.
Having been harvested of some of their top performers, Wolfsburg could easily capitulate after a good start to the season. They still have plenty of goals in players such as Dost and Kruse and coupled with the addition of Draxler I think they will still enjoy a successful season.
Considering Ingolstadt have not won at home and Wolfsburg haven’t won away this season, I’m expecting a cagey score draw.
What are your predictions?