Juventus vs Barcelona Champions League Final Prediction and Football Tips
Juventus vs Barcelona Champions League Final prediction
Juventus are sweating on the fitness of key defender Giorgio Chiellini ahead of the Champions League final in Berlin. The Italian international and captain pulled out of training ahead of the game with a calf injury and Juventus are hoping he will recover in time to take his place at the heart of the defence. Otherwise, Juventus will be at full strength.
For Barcelona, Andres Iniesta has been nursing a calf injury but there is no doubt that the midfielder will take his place in Luis Enrique’s team. Sergio Roberto has missed training due to a stomach problem but could take his place on the bench. All of Barcelona’s key players are fit and well rested , meaning they will also be at full strength.
Juventus: 4-3-1-2 formation: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Chiellini, Bonucci, Evra; Marchisio, Pirlo, Pogba; Vidal; Tevez, Morata
Barcelona: 4-3-3 formation: Stegen; Alves, Pique, Mascherano, Alba; Rakitic, Busquets, Iniesta; Neymar, Suarez, Messi
- Juventus have won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Barcelona have won 8, drawn 1 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Barcelona have scored an average of 3.1 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Barcelona’s previous 10 matches
- The last competitive game between these teams was in a 2003 Champions League quarter-final, with Juventus progressing after extra-time
Although there was an injury scare, with Giorgio Chiellini pulling out of training, both teams should be at full strength and that’s great news for football fans. Therefore, both teams can go about their business without hindrance and this should make for a great game of football. Both Max Allegri and Luis Enrique, have the chance to seal a treble for their team, in their first season in charge.
Barcelona are likely to take command of the ball and this could see Juventus sitting deep, not allowing space in behind for Luis Suarez, Lionel Messi and Neymar to exploit. This could see Barcelona playing a more direct game, feeding the attackers early and breaking at Juventus’ defence.
Juventus will also be looking to hit their strikers early, especially Carlos Tevez, who could pick the ball up and attack Barcelona’s back line with his direct running. This could lead to chances for Alvaro Morata and the supporting Arturo Vidal.
Barcelona will aim to start the match quickly, pressing the likes of Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Marchisio, whenever they have the ball. Luis Enrique will attempt to stop Juventus from getting in to their stride and slowing the game down. An early goal will be something that Barcelona desire greatly and expect to see them push for it because if they get it, Juventus will have to come out and attack. This will play perfectly in to Barcelona’s hands.
What are your Champions League final predictions and football tips?