Juventus vs Borussia Dortmund Prediction and Football Tips
Champions League football tips – Juventus vs Borussia Dortmund prediction
Juventus remain in imperious form as they continue to dominate in Serie A, their latest victory coming on Friday night against Atalanta at home. It has now been 22 matches, since Juventus have tasted defeat in 90 minutes and that was way back on the 29th October, at Genoa.
Borussia Dortmund seem to be finding their stride, winning their last 3 games in a row, scoring 10 goals in the process. Having said that, taking on Juventus on their own patch, is a different challenge to playing teams from the bottom half of the Bundesliga, where Dortmund still find themselves, despite their latest win on Friday at Stuttgart.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 2.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Dortmund have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Dortmund’s previous 10 matches.
- The last time these 2 teams met in the Champions League was the 1996/97 final, when Dortmund lifted the trophy by defeating Juventus 3-1.
There can be little doubt, that Juventus are going to win the Serie A title again this season. Therefore, their main challenge, has to be improvement in the Champions League. 1-0 defeats away to Atletico Madrid and Olympiakos, in addition to the shaky 3-2 win over Olympiakos at home, show that Juventus are still struggling to come to terms with top-flight European football. At least, there has been an improvement on last season, when Juventus went out at the group stages.
Many people would consider it a miracle if Dortmund can match their 2012/13 achievement of reaching the Champions League final. However, despite a slip-up against Anderlecht in their last group match, Dortmund’s form in Europe has been much superior to that of the Bundesliga. Jurgen Klopp and his players will be looking forward to playing this tie, as an escape from the pressure of their recent Bundesliga troubles. Star man, Marco Reus has signed a new deal and expect Dortmund to go looking for away goals.
What are your predictions?