Juventus vs Chievo Prediction and Preview – 12/09/15
Serie A preview – Juventus vs Chievo prediction
League leaders Chievo heading to Juventus Stadium to face reigning champions. Juventus have won their last 6 matches against Chievo in all competitions but situation at the moment is radically different. Chievo won its first two games while Juventus surprisingly lost its matches and now occupying the 17th position in the table.
Claudio Marchisio will be back from his injury, and his recovery will be crucial for Juventus’ midfield, who has struggled in the first two games without a true playmaker.
The new signings Alex Sandro and Hernanes are expected to make their home debut for the Bianconeri, who have a near full strength squad to pick from with just Sami Khedira and Kwadwo Asamoah ruled out through injury. Rubinho and Patrice Evra are suspended.
Juventus: 4-3-1-2 formation: Buffon; Lichtsteiner, Bonucci, Chiellini, Alex Sandro; Sturaro, Marchisio, Pogba; Hernanes; Mandzukic, Dybala.
Chievo: 4-4-2 formation: Bizzarri; Gobbi, Dainelli, Cesar, Frey; Hetemaj, Rigoni, Birsa, Castro; Paloschi, Meggiorini.
- Juventus have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Chievo have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Chievo have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Chievo’s previous 10 matches
Chievo will try to win their third game on the trot and get off to their best-ever Serie A start.
Serbian international Ivan Radovanovic is Chievo’s only major absentee through injury. Dario Dainelli is expected to take the place of Alessandro Gamberini in defence in the only change expected from the team that defeated Lazio in the second round of Serie A.
Alberto Paloschi and Riccardo Meggiorini seem to have found an amazing chemistry up front for Chievo, so they should be confirmed in attack.
What are your predictions?