Juventus vs Lazio Prediction and Football Tips
Serie A football tips – Juventus vs Lazio prediction.
With the second leg of the Champions League quarter-final coming up in Monaco on Wednesday night, Massimiliano Allegri has interesting selection decisions to make for this match. Juventus are definitely without Paul Pogba and Martin Caceres but could still end up resting a number of players including Gianluigi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo.
Lazio have no such worries, with only the Coppa Italia final to think about after the conclusion of Serie A. Manager Stefano Pioli will see this as an opportunity to put down a marker for that final and in a push for Champions League football next season, will definitely have to do without defender Stefan de Vrij.
Juventus: 4-3-1-2 formation: Storari; Ogbonna, Bonucci, Chiellini; Lichsteiner, Marchisio, Sturaro, Pereyra, Vidal; Tevez, Llorente
Lazio: 4-2-3-1 formation: Berisha; Lulic, Cana, Ciani, Cavanda; Parolo, Biglia; Anderson, Mauri, Candreva; Klose
- Juventus have won 7, drawn 1 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Lazio have won 9 and drawn 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Lazio have scored an average of 2.3 goals and conceded an average of 0.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Lazio’s previous 10 matches
- Lazio have failed to beat Juventus in their last 5 attempts
Juventus rested a number of players last weekend against the bottom club Parma and paid the price, going down to a shock 1-0 defeat. Juventus will probably shuffle the pack again, however, after the Parma result, Allegri will keep some key men in, as defeat here could offer Lazio a glimmer of hope in the title race.
Unbeaten at home in Serie A this season, Lazio will see this as a great chance to end that run and with 7 games remaining after this one, could mount a late title challenge. Lazio are very much the form team in Serie A, winning their last 8 games in a row and will provide a huge test to Juventus’ home record. Having conceded just 1 goal in their last 6 matches, the loss of Stefan de Vrij is untimely but the game should remain a closely fought affair.
What are your predictions and football tips?