Juventus vs Napoli Prediction and Football Tips
Serie A football tips – Juventus vs Napoli prediction
Having wrapped up the Serie A title and Coppa Italia, Juventus can afford to rotate their squad for the visit of Napoli. With right-back Stephan Lichtsteiner suspended and both Martin Caceres and Romulo missing with injury, Simone Padoin could come in to the team. Paul Pogba will probably start in an attempt to get fully match fit for the Champions League final.
With Kalidou Koulibaly suspended, Rafa Benitez will call upon Miguel Britos to partner Raul Albiol in the centre of defence. With all other first team regulars fit and available, Benitez will have the usual options to pick from to start behind Gonzalo Higuain in attack for Napoli.
Juventus: 4-3-1-2 formation: Buffon; Ceglie, Ogbonna, Bonucci, Padoin; Sturaro, Marchisio, Pogba; Pereyra; Morata, Tevez
Napoli: 4-2-3-1 formation: Andujar; Maggio, Albiol, Britos, Ghoulam; D. Lopez, Jorginho; Callejon, Hamsik, Mertens; Higuain
- Juventus have won 5, drawn 4 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Napoli have won 5, drawn 3 and lost 2 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Napoli have scored an average of 2.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.5 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 8 of Napoli’s previous 10 matches
- Juventus won the reverse fixture 3-1 in Naples
Juventus could be forgiven for taken their foot off the pedal in this match, considering what they have already achieved and could go on to achieve. Having said that, Max Allegri will want his players to retain match fitness and their form ahead of the Champions League final. Undefeated in their last 7 games, Juventus are undefeated at home in Serie this season and will not want that to change.
The pressure is really on Napoli in this game, with the real risk that their season, which promised much, could end with a whimper. Currently 3 points adrift of third place and Champions League spot, Napoli know that Lazio and Roma will take points off each other this weekend. Therefore, it’s vital that they pick something up at the Juventus Stadium. That being said, Napoli have lost 5 of their last 7 away Serie A games and that’s not a record you want to take to Turin.
What are your Serie A predictions and football tips?