Juventus vs Udinese Prediction and Football Tips – 23/08/2015
Serie A football tips – Juventus vs Udinese prediction
The injuries to Sami Khedira and Claudio Marchisio, along with the sale of Arturo Vidal, means that Juventus are looking frail in midfield. They have, however, brought in replacements for Carlos Tevez. Mario Mandžukić is a proven goal scorer and Paulo Dybala is looking like a brilliant young talent. It’s expected that Juve will play three at the back in order to accommodate two strikers.
Udinese will be looking towards Serie A legend Antonio Di Natale in order to score goals for another season, as well as Cyril Théréau, who had a good debut season during the last campaign. The lack of injuries to the side means that there is a full pool of players to choose from, and it’s likely that they will line up with two strikers in order to attack Juventus’ back three.
Juventus: 3-4-1-2 formation: Buffon; Bonucci, Barzagli, Cáceres; Evra, Pogba, Sturaro, Lichtsteiner; Pereyra; Dybala, Mandžukić
Udinese: 4-4-2 formation: Karnezis; Edenilson, Danilo, Piris, Heurtaux; Agyemang-Badu, Fernandes, Iturra, Guilherme; Di Natale, Théréau
- Juventus have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Udinese have won 2, drawn 1 and lost 7 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Juventus have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Udinese have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Juventus’ previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Udinese’s previous 10 matches
- The score was 0-0 last time the teams met, back in February. Before then Juventus had beaten Udinese six times in succession, conceding only twice
It will be business as usual for Juventus as they look to get off to a good start to the new season. They will be expected to retain the Serie A title after a dominant success last season. However with two of their main defensive midfielders out with injury they could be exposed in midfield, and may find it difficult to replace Carlos Tevez’s goals.
Udinese ended up avoiding relegation by seven points last season, which could be the case again this season. With only two wins in ten games and an ageing Di Natale, goals could be scarce this season and Juve could walk away with a comfortable win in this tie.
All three points should be heading to Turin this weekend as Juve will be looking at this match as the perfect way to begin a title charge for this new campaign.