Lazio vs Roma Milan Prediction and Football Tips
Serie A football tips – Lazio vs Roma prediction
Lazio still have a few injury concerns ahead of this massive derby match against Roma. Midfielder Lucas Biglia is unlikely to make a return to the team until next weekend and joins Lorik Cana, Ederson and Pereirinha on the sidelines. Full-back Stefan Radu is also a doubt but central defender Stefan de Vrij should be fit to start after playing in the Coppa Italia final.
Roma will definitely be without the likes of Kevin Strootman, Maicon, Gervinho and Leandro Castan. However, having had a full week to recover from their previous game, the experienced Francesco Totti and Daniele De Rossi should both be fit to start to the match.
Lazio: 4-2-3-1 formation: Marchetti; Basta, De Vrij, Gentiletti, Lulic; Cataldi, Parolo; Candreva, Mauri, Felipe Anderson; Klose
Roma: 4-3-3 formation: De Sanctis; Florenzi, Manolas, Astori, Torosidis; Pjanic, De Rossi, Nainggolan; Ibarbo, Totti, Ljajic
- Lazio have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Roma have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Lazio have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Roma have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Lazio’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Roma’s previous 10 matches
- The reverse fixture finished 2-2 in November
This is one of the most important derbies between these teams for some time and atmosphere is sure to electric come Monday evening. With just 1 point separating Roma and Lazio, in second and third respectively, a defeat here could allow Napoli to close the gap.
Lazio will have to put the extra-time defeat to Juventus in the Coppa Italia final behind them and be glad of the fact the match has been changed to Monday, which will give them a bit longer to prepare.
Both teams have had mixed fortunes in recent weeks and the form book would probably be no use for this fixture anyway. In their last 8 meetings, only once has a team managed to win by more than a single goal and a similarly tight match is on prospect here. With so much at stake, neither team will want to make a mistake that gifts the other victory.
What are your Serie A predictions and football tips?