Leicester vs Newcastle Prediction and Football Tips
Premier League football tips – Leicester vs Newcastle prediction
Leicester faced Chelsea on Wednesday night at the King Power stadium and saw their streak of four victories on the bounce come to an end with a 3-1 loss, while Newcastle lost their seventh in a row, with Swansea on this occasion dismantling John Carver’s side.
Leicester (3-5-2) Schmeichel; De Laet, Wasilewski, Morgan; Albrighton, Drinkwater, Cambiasso, James, Konchesky; Ulloa, Vardy
Newcastle (4-3-3) Krul; Janmaat. Coloccini, Williamson, Anita; Colback, Taylor, Sissoko; De Jong, Perez, Cabella
- Leicester have won four, drawn two and lost four of their last 10 games
- Newcastle have won one, drawn one and lost eight of their last 10 games
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Leicester have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.6 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Newcastle have scored an average of 0.6 goals and conceded an average of 2.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in six of Leicester’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in five of Newcastle’s previous 10 matches
- The last time these teams met was in the FA Cup, with Leicester picking up a big 1-0 win with Leandro Ulloa getting the goal.
Leicester need to continue their good form, because despite their slip up against Chelsea, Nigel Pearson’s side had been performing very well and getting vital points that saw them climb out of the relegation zone, so dropping points at home will be unacceptable.
Newcastle are dreadful, a team that has no spirit or desire to win a game of football. Realistically they’re safe from the drop, but if the Geordie’s continue to drop points whilst others keep on picking them up, they could see themselves in a scrap for survival.
What are your Premier League predictions and football tips?