Leicester vs Southampton Prediction and Football Tips
Premier League football tips – Leicester vs Southampton prediction
Considering the comfortable 3-0 victory over Newcastle last weekend, there is little reason for Nigel Pearson to change his team for the visit of Southampton. David Nugent is still missing through injury and midfielder Andy King, is still a doubt but could make the bench.
Ronald Koeman must make do with a host of first team players for this game. Jay Rodriguez, Emmanuel Mayuka, Fraser Forster, Dusan Tadic and Morgan Schneiderlin are all out through injury. James Ward-Prowse is serving a suspension, which could mean a starting place for Filip Djuricic.
Leicester: 3-4-1-2 formation: Schmeichel; Wasilewski, Huth, Morgan; Albrighton, James, Cambiasso, Schlupp; Mahrez; Vardy, Ulloa
Southampton: 4-2-3-1 formation: Davis; Clyne, Fonte, Yoshida, Bertrand; Alderweireld, Wanyama; Davis, Mane, Long; Pelle
- Leicester have won 5, drawn 2 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Southampton have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Leicester have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.4 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Southampton have scored an average of 1 goal and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Leicester’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Southampton’s previous 10 matches
- The reverse fixture finished 2-0 to Southampton at St Mary’s
Leicester have hit form at the right time, winning 5 of their last 6 Premier League games. Scoring at least 1 goal in all of their previous 7 matches, confidence has returned to the forwards, with players such as Leonardo Ulloa back amongst the goals. A win here could all but seal Leicester City a place in the Premier League for next season.
Southampton’s season detiriorated somewhat over the last few weeks. Recent defeats at Sunderland, Stoke and Everton, do not offer much confidence for the trip to the King Power Stadium. With just 1 point from their last 5 Premier League away fixtures, Ronald Koeman is missing a number of first team players and may consider a point a good result.
What are your Premier League predictions and football tips?