Leicester vs Sunderland Prediction and Football Tips – 08/08/15
Premier League League football tips – Leicester vs Aston Villa prediction
New Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri, has only one injury to be concerned about, as Matthew James is out injured. Other than that, the Italian has a full squad to pick from and could include new signings Christian Fuchs, N’Golo Kanté and Shinji Okazaki in a 4-4-2 formation.
Sunderland manager Dick Advocaat, is waiting on the fitness of Jordi Gomez, Wes Brown and Steven Fletcher but hopefully all should be available. New signings Jermain Lens and Adam Matthews are likely to feature and both could make the starting XI. Having signed on Thursday, Yann M’Vila may have to make do with a place on the bench.
Leicester: 4-4-2 formation: Schmeichel; Laet, Morgan, Huth, Fuchs; Mahrez, Drinkwater, Kante, Schlupp; Vardy, Okazaki
Sunderland: 4-1-4-1 formation: Pantilimon; Matthews, O’Shea, Coates, Aanholt; Cattermole; Johnson, Rodwell, Larsson, Lens; Defoe
- Leicester have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Sunderland have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Leicester have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Sunderland have scored an average of 1.1 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Leicester’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Sunderland’s previous 10 matches
- Both fixtures in the Premier League ended 0-0 last season
Having both seen off relegation towards the end of last season, there is nothing to suggest that either of these teams will fare any better this time around. Therefore, this match is already one of great significance to both clubs, who could open up a three point gap on their rivals immediately.
Other than Manchester City, Leicester were the in-form team at the end of last season and it will be interesting to see how Ranieri opts to use Riyad Mahrez, who was instrumental in their good form. As for Sunderland, they will be pleased to have kept manager Dick Advocaat and will hope to build on last season’s efforts with a win here.
However, Sunderland have failed to win at Leicester in their previous five attempts and with no goals between the teams in the Premier League last season, we could be in for another low scoring draw.