Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim Prediction and Football Tips – 15/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim prediction
Leverkusen are without both Ömer Toprak and Tin Jedvaj for their opening match of the 2015/16 Bundesliga season, which could mean a start for new signing Jonathan Tah in central defence. Christoph Kramer has returned to the club and will start in midfield, with new signings Charles Aranguiz and Admir Mehmedi likely to be on the bench.
Hoffenheim will hand a Bundesliga debut to new signing Fabian Schär, who will slot in to the centre of defence. Schär is one of a number of new players who could make their first starts for Hoffenheim in this match, with Pavel Kaderabek, Jonathan Schmid and Mark Uth all hoping to be in the starting XI.
Leverkusen: 4-2-3-1 formation: Leno; Hilbert, Tah, Papadopolous, Wendell; Bender, Kramer; Bellarabi, Calhanoglu, Son; Kiessling
Hoffenheim: 4-2-3-1 formation: Baumann; Kaderabek, Sule, Schar, Kim; Schwelger, Polanski; Schmid, Volland, Zuber; Uth
- Leverkusen have won 4, drawn 2 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Hoffenheim have won 4, drawn 3 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Leverkusen have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Hoffenheim have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Leverkusen’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Hoffenheim’s previous 10 matches
- Leverkusen won both Bundesliga meetings between the teams last season
Leverkusen will be hoping to compete for Champions League qualification this season and certainly have a team which looks capable of doing so. The return of Christoph Kramer will bolster the centre of the midfield and the addition of Charles Aranguiz will also strengthen that area of the pitch.
Hoffenheim have lost their star creative force of last season, as Roberto Firmino left to join Liverpool during the summer. However, the club have invested the funds from that sale in to a number of new players, many of which have the ability to do well this season. However, with the possibility of at least five new players starting this match, it will be interesting to see how well they gel together.
Leverkusen have what looks like the stronger team on paper and should have enough to get their season off to a good start with a win.