Liechtenstein vs Austria Prediction and Football Tips
Euro 2016 football tips – Liechtenstein vs Austria prediction
Liechtenstein manager and Austrian native Rene Pauritsch has called up a fairly familiar team for their match against Austria, with a majority of the squad based in Liechtenstein.
Austria head coach Marcel Koller has been able to call up a fairly strong team for their qualifier against Liechtenstein and friendly against Bosnia. Key players such as David Alaba, Christian Fuchs and Aleksandar Dragovic all feature in the squad, with exciting talents Martin Hinteregger, Kevin Wimmer and Marcel Sabitzer also being called up to the team.
- Over the course of their previous 10 fixtures, Liechtenstein have scored an average of 0.3 goals per game and conceded an average of 2.5 goals
- Over the course of their previous 10 fixtures, Austria have scored an average of 1.4 goals per game and conceded an average of 0.7 goals
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Liechtenstein’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Austria’s previous 10 matches
- The two sides have played each other 6 times in the past with Austria being victorious in all 6
Austria are currently unbeaten in Euro 2016 qualifying Group G and sit at the top of the table comfortably, with 4 points between them and second place Sweden. Liechtenstein sit in 5th place in Group G, however, the minnows have shown progression, picking up a respectable draw against Montenegro and a home win in their last outing, against Moldova.
Austria are clear favourites for this one and with a massive gap in quality between the two sides, it is easy to spot why. Players such as David Alaba, Marko Arnautović and Marc Janko provide a serious threat to the Liechtenstein defence, that has shown to be somewhat leaky at times. Austria will fancy themselves for this game and know that another win, will increase their chances of being in France next summer.
What are your predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins