Liverpool vs Man City Prediction and Football Tips
Premier League football tips – Liverpool vs Man City prediction
Both teams suffered disappointing results in Europe this week. Liverpool were eliminated from the Europa League after a poor display against Besiktas resulted in a 1-0 defeat. Extra time was the last thing Brendan Rodgers will have wanted but that’s exactly what his team got, having wasted good openings early on in the match. The game went to penalties and Dejan Lovren was the culprit as Liverpool were sent packing.
Manchester City are also on the brink of being knocked out of Europe, having lost 2-1 at home to Barcelona. It was the same old story for Manuel Pellegrini’s team, who could not get close to their opponents in the first half and in truth, the scoreline should have been more severe.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Liverpool have scored an average of 1.2 goals and conceded an average of 0.5 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester City have scored an average of 1.7 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 3 of Liverpool’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Manchester City’s previous 10 matches.
- Manchester City have failed to beat Liverpool at Anfield in their previous 12 attempts.
Manchester City will welcome back Yaya Toure for this match, having missed the game against Barcelona through suspension. City have the chance to close the gap on Chelsea, who play in the League Cup final on Sunday and Pellegrini’s men should be fresh, having played on Tuesday night.
The same can not be said for Liverpool, who endured a torrid night in Istanbul. A ferocious crowd and match that went the distance, with Liverpool losing on penalties, was the worst case scenario for Brendan Rodgers. Liverpool will have to rely on the Premier League to get back in to the Champions League next season.
Wilfried Bony could be in for his first start for Manchester City and Liverpool will hope to welcome back Jordan Henderson, Mamadou Sakho, Lazar Markovic and Philippe Coutinho.
Manchester City have a great record away from home this season, losing just once on their travels in the Premier League. Liverpool, on the other hand, have not been great at home, winning 6, drawing 5 and losing 2. This could be the season, that Manchester City finally defeat Liverpool at Anfield.
What are your predictions?