Mainz vs Hannover Prediction and Preview – 29/08/15
Bundesliga football tips – Mainz vs Hannover prediction
Mainz manager manager Martin Schmidt, has to do without both Elkin Soto and Maximilian Beister for the visit of Hannover. There is competition up-front, with Yoshinori Muto and Florian Niederlechner in contention for a starting place as the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Hannover also have a couple of injury problems to contend with, as Mevlut Erdinc and Hiroshi Kiyotake are struggling to make the game. In the absence of Kiyotake, Allan Saint-Maximin could make his full debut for the club as one of an attacking three behind the striker.
Mainz: 4-2-3-1 formation: Karius; Brosinski, Bungert, Bell, Park; Baumgartlinger, Frei; Samperio, Malli, Clemens; Muto
Hannover: 4-2-3-1 formation: Zieler; Sakai, Marcelo, Schulz, Sorg; Schmeidebach, Sane; Klaus, Karaman, Saint-Maximin; Benschop
- Mainz have won 5, drawn 1 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Hannover have won 2, drawn 5 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Mainz have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.2 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Hannover have scored an average of 0.7 goals and conceded an average of 0.8 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Mainz’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 1 of Hannover’s previous 10 matches
- There have been 6 draws in the last 9 matches between the teams
Mainz started the season with a disappointing home defeat at the hands of the newly promoted Ingolstadt. However, that was soon forgotten as the team went to Borussia Moenchengladbach and picked up a fantastic 2-1 win. Having been dragged back to 1-1 in the second half, Mainz showed great character and netted a 79th minute winner thanks to Christian Clemens. That result, will give Mainz the belief they can take all three points in this game.
Hannover have picked up just one point so far this season. A decent 2-2 draw on the opening day of the season, was not built upon in their next match and a 1-0 home defeat to Bayer Leverkusen means Hannover are now under pressure to pick up points at Mainz. The point at Darmstadt was gained despite being 2-1 down after 54 minutes and shows Hannover have got what it takes to come back in to games away from home.
That being said, with the confidence of their win against Gladbach, Mainz may just edge this one.
What are your predictions?