Mainz vs Leverkusen Prediction and Football Tips
Bundesliga football tips – Mainz vs Leverkusen prediction.
Mainz face somewhat of an injury crisis in their defence with Niko Bungert, Nikolče Noveski and Gonzalo Jara all out of the squad. Junior Diaz is likely to pair with Stefan Bell in defence for the match. On loan Schalke winger Christoph Clemens and Nicolás Castillo will also miss out after picking up injuries during the week.
Roger Schmidt has a relatively full squad to choose from with the only absentees being Robbie Kruse, Stefan Kießling and Emir Spahic.
Mainz: 4-2-3-1 formation: Karius; Park, Bell, Bungert, Brosinski; Baumgartlinger, Geis; Koo, Malli, Blasis; Okazaki
Leverkusen: 4-2-3-1 formation: Leno; Hilbert, Jedvaj, Toprak, Wendell; Rolfes, Bender; Bellarabi, Castro, Brandt; Drmic
- Mainz have won 3, drawn 4 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Leverkusen have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- In their last 10 fixtures, Mainz have scored an average of 1.6 goals per game and conceded an average of 1.3
- In their last 10 fixtures, Leverkusen have scored an average of 1.6 goals per game and conceded an average of 0.2
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Mainz’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals in 4 of Leverkusen’s previous 10 matches
- Mainz have lost only once in their last 5 fixtures against Leverkusen
The away form of the visitors has improved recently having won 4 of their last 6 matches so Mainz know they will have to be at their best if they are to pick up a result. However with Mainz having the home advantage and Leverkusen coming into the game after a very competitive 120 minutes of action in the week, it is very likely that Mainz could get a result from the match. If you are feeling risky then a Mainz win at 23/10 with Bet365 are fantastic odds and worth a punt however, you can play it a bit safer with the bet below.
What are your predictions and football tips?
Written by Harry Watkins