Man Utd vs Arsenal Prediction and Football Tips
Premier League football tips – Man Utd vs Arsenal prediction
Louis van Gaal has still got a number of injuries to contend with this week. Michael Carrick, Rafael and Wayne Rooney are all definitely out. Robin van Persie, Luke Shaw and Marcos Rojo are rated as doubtful and probably won’t be risked.
Arsene Wenger has Mikel Arteta and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain back in training but both are still short of match fitness. Mathieu Debuchy and Danny Welbeck are both doubts but may take their place on the substitutes bench at Old Trafford. Theo Walcott is pushing for a start and will hope to get a chance up-front.
Man Utd: 4-1-4-1 formation: De Gea; Valencia, Smalling, Jones, Blind; Herrera; Fellaini, Young, Mata, Di Maria; Falcao
Arsenal: 4-2-3-1 formation: Ospina; Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Sanchez; Giroud
- Man Utd have won 5 and lost 5 of their last 10 matches
- Arsenal have won 6 and lost 4 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Man Utd have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 1.3 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 1.6 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Man Utd’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 6 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches
- Arsenal defeated Man Utd 2-1 at Old Trafford in the FA Cup in March
Manchester United have all but secured fourth spot in the Premier League but still have hopes of claiming an automatic Champions League place for next season. Nothing but a win will do here, if they are to achieve that goal and home from in the Premier League has generally been good. With 14 wins from 18 games, including wins over Liverpool and Manchester City, Louis van Gaal knows his team can defeat the big sides at Old Trafford.
Arsene Wenger will still be reeling from the poor 1-0 home defeat to Swansea on Monday and his team need to bounce back at Old Trafford. By securing a point here, that should be enough to secure an automatic place in next season’s Champions League and Arsenal may set up to play on the break. However, with 5 wins in a row away from home in the Premier League, Wenger will be confident of claiming all 3 points.
With the match being played at Old Trafford, there is little to separate the two teams.
What are your Premier League predictions and football tips?