Manchester United vs Arsenal Prediction and Football Tips
FA Cup football tips – Manchester United vs Arsenal prediction
As continually seems to be the case with Manchester United, they are not playing well yet still maintaining a solid run of results. Louis van Gaal’s team have suffered just 1 defeat in their last 10 games and that came away from home to Swansea City. Manchester United have only lost twice at home all season, winning 12 and drawing only once.
Despite the disappointing result at home to Monaco in the Champions League, Arsenal have been in good form. That defeat was only their third in their last 18 games. With the way things are standing in their Champions League tie with Monaco, retaining the FA Cup could be Arsenal’s only chance of lifting a trophy again this season.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Man Utd have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.6 goals per game.
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Arsenal have scored an average of 2.2 goals and conceded an average of 1 goal per game.
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Man Utd’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 7 of Arsenal’s previous 10 matches.
- Arsenal have failed to defeat Man Utd in each of their last 7 attempts.
Arsenal are playing well at the moment but Arsene Wenger will probably have to make do without defender Gabriel Paulista, who remains doubtful for the match. If he fails to make it, the Brazilian will join the likes of Mikel Arteta, Mathieu Debuchy, Jack Wilshere and Matheiu Flamini on the sidelines. Louis van Gaal will be without striker Robin van Persie but other than that, should have a full squad to pick from.
The away performance against Manchester City aside, Arsenal have failed to deliver the goods in the biggest games of the season. Losing 3-1 at home to Monaco, 2-1 away to Spurs, 2-0 away to Southampton, 2-1 at home to Manchester United and 2-0 away to Chelsea, highlights how Arsene Wenger’s team have struggled in big matches.
Louis van Gaal’s team will be aiming to stifle the attacking threat of Arsenal and hope to pray on a defence that always looks capable of conceding goals. Giving the fact that Arsenal have lost to Manchester United on their last 6 visits to Old Trafford in all competitions, it wouldn’t come as a surprise to see them defeated again in this one.
What are your predictions?