Manchester United vs Newcastle Prediction and Football Tips – 22/08/15
Premier League League football tips – Manchester United vs Newcastle prediction
Manchester United are still without Phil Jones through injury and Marouane Fellaini, who serves the final match of his domestic suspension. Marcos Rojo is still working his way back to match fitness but Bastian Schweinsteiger could make his first Premier League start, having performed well as a substitute so far. David De Gea is still out of the squad.
Louis van Gaal’s concerns are minimal compared to that facing Newcastle manager Steve McClaren. Defender Daryl Janmaat is suspended and Emmanuel Rivière, Siem de Jong, Paul Dummett, Sylvain Marveaux and Curtis Good are all struggling with injuries. Moussa Sissoko should be OK to play a part in the match but despite the absentees, new signing Florian Thauvin may have to settle for a place on the bench.
Manchester United: 4-2-3-1 formation: Romero; Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin; Januzaj, Depay, Mata; Rooney
Newcastle: 4-2-3-1 formation: Krul; Haidara, Coloccini, Mbemba, Colback; Anita, Tiote; Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Obertan; Cisse
- Manchester United have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Newcastle have won 2, drawn 2 and lost 6 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Manchester United have scored an average of 1.5 goals and conceded an average of 0.7 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Newcastle have scored an average of 1.3 goals and conceded an average of 1.7 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Manchester United’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Newcastle’s previous 10 matches
- Manchester United have won 6 of their last 7 meetings with Newcastle
Although Manchester United are still not at their very best, they have made a good start to the season, winning all three competitive matches. The confidence around the team will be increasing with every win and with Memphis Depay showing what he can do against Club Brugge, the goals are starting to come. However, Wayne Rooney appears to be struggling up-front and that will be a concern but he enjoys playing against Newcastle and will hope to open his account for the season.
Newcastle only have a point to their name, following their two Premier League games and the injury list, plus the suspension of Daryl Janmaat has not helped matters ahead of this game. Having conceded 4 goals in 2 games, Steve McClaren will want to tighten things up at the back and Newcastle can’t afford to continue conceding goals at that rate, if they are to avoid a relegation battle this season.
Considering the start to the season both teams have had, this is Manchester United’s match for the taking and Louis van Gaal will expect another 3 points.