Middlesbrough vs Norwich Prediction and Football Tips
Championship play-off final football tips – Middlesbrough vs Norwich prediction
Middlesbrough will hoping that Patrick Bamford is fit enough to take his place in the starting lineup for the play-off final. Both Kike and Jelle Vossen are standing by if the on loan Chelsea forward doesn’t make it. Adam Reach will be hoping to start the match, along with Lee Tomlin and Albert Adomah.
Norwich have Lewis Grabban returning from suspension but Alex Neil may choose to continue with Cameron Jerome up-front, with Grabban joining Gary Hooper on the bench. Graham Dorrans will also be hoping to make a return to the team for this huge game.
Middlesbrough: 4-2-3-1 formation: Konstantopoulos, Whitehead, Ayala, Gibson, Friend; Clayton, Leadbitter; Adomah, Tomlin, Reach; Bamford
Norwich: 4-2-3-1 formation: Ruddy; Olsson, Martin, Bassong, Whittaker; Howson, Dorrans; Johnson, Tettey, Redmond; Jerome
- Middlesbrough have won 6, drawn 1 and lost 3 of their last 10 matches
- Norwich have won 7, drawn 2 and lost 1 of their last 10 matches
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Middlesbrough have scored an average of 1.4 goals and conceded an average of 1.1 goals per game
- Over the course of their previous 10 matches, Norwich have scored an average of 1.9 goals and conceded an average of 0.9 goals per game
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Middlesbrough’s previous 10 matches
- There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 4 of Norwich’s previous 10 matches
- Middlesbrough won both matches during the regular Championship season
Middlesbrough had little difficulty overcoming Brentford in the semi-final and with Patrick Bamford set to return to the team, will be confident of winning the play-off final. Boro won both matches between the teams this season, without conceding a goal and Aitor Kranaka will be hoping for a similar outcome here.
Norwich came through their tough encounter with local rivals Ipswich in the semi-final and will confident of making it to the Premier League. The Canaries have only suffered 1 defeat in their last 13 games but that defeat came against Middlesbrough.
Neither team have had difficulty finding the back of net over the last couple of months. Despite the fact the last two play-off finals have been decided by a single goal, there could be more entertainment in store this year.
What are your play-off final predictions and football tips?